Software Architect / Team Lead
Are you interested in building amazing technological solutions for top retail brands? Do you want to work in a face-paced environment on a variety of challenging projects? If so, Reality Interactive is hiring.
We are America’s top retail creative tech agency. Sound specific? It is. That’s what allows us to do unique work for the best brands in the country. Joining our team means you’ll be working with clients like BMW, MINI, Titleist and Spectrum.
We build interactive, ecommerce websites, touch-screen software, augmented reality experiences, and just about everything in between. We have a cool office, standing desks, nice view (although we also operate remotely), and friendly team. Frankly, this is probably the best job opening in State of Connecticut (can you tell we like to sell things?).
We are looking for a Software Architect / Team Lead, with a bent on developing quality processes to join our team. This role is responsible for leading technical projects from concept through implementation. Ideal candidates will have a software development background with tech lead or project delivery experience.
Responsibilities include working with clients to understand business requirements, evaluating and recommending technical solutions along with the processes required to deliver that solution. Managing technical tasks during all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), providing guidance and structure to technical team members, coordinating cross-department work, and ensuring successful project implementations. This role will interface with account managers, clients, FTE resources and vendors. The Solution Architect will work in collaboration with project managers to identify, plan, estimate and schedule project work.
Successful candidates will:
* Provide critical thinking, problem solving, and attention to detail and quality to the product line
* Implement world class development processes that ensure the products are completed within cost/schedule/performance requirements
* Directly interface and maintain strong professional relationships with clients and other stakeholders
* Strategize and define testing and implementation plans
* Provide guidance to both internal and subcontractor technical staff
* Provide ongoing and regular status reports to all involved stakeholders
* Prioritize project tasks for team members and ensure deadlines are being met
* Remove blockers for team members
* Lead client-facing meetings including elicitation of business requirements, review/recommendation of solution options, status updates and technical questions
* Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team. Participate in customer reviews. Conduct (in some cases lead) customer meetings.
* Consistently maintain a positive attitude and work ethic
* Must possess BS/BA
* 5+ years of prior software / product development experience in both front and backend development
* 2+ years of tech lead, team lead or project management experience
* Experience leading code reviews and providing feedback to developers
* Experience evaluating technical vendor products and working with vendors on customizations or issues
* Familiarity with AWS services, networking and hosting infrastructure
* Familiarity with electronics such as TVs, cameras, printers, hard drives, IoT sensors, etc.
* Demonstrated success managing software related projects
* Excellent client relationship and communication skills (written and verbal)
* Must be detail, as well as, process-oriented
* Must have very strong communications and interpersonal skills